Friday, June 22, 2012

Cat-Ear Fleece Hat

Trial #1:
The first one I made, the hat was too long because I didn't account for the extra length of the hem when I made the pattern, the hat was too high.. The v-pattern darts down the front and back are too shallow, it leaves an awkward notch when worn.

Trial #2:
The second try, I enlarged the width of the hem by an inch, along with the perimeter of the hat. I deepen the v-pattern dart by an inch and decreased the height of the hat by an inch. The second hat turned out pretty well, the finished hat is 24in wide and about 8in high. The hat fits my brother's head perfectly and he loves it, and i guess that's really all that matters :).
Materials:
1/2 yard of Black Anti-Pill Fleece 
1//2 yard of White Anti-Pill Fleece
(I made 2 hats and it looks like i still have just enough to make 2 more)
Black&White Thread

Tools:
Pencil
Construction Paper
Scotch Tape
Ruler
Styling Design Ruler
Normal Scissors
Fabric Chalk/Pencil
Fabric Scissors
Sewing Machine



No comments:

Post a Comment